Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday's Scenic Flight

Missoula From 7000ft MSL

I decided to get started exploring the area Sunday, so I flew from Missoula (MSO) South up the Bitteroot all the way to the West Fork.
Lee Metcalf Wildlife Area

Looking South towards the West Fork
On the way back I landed at Hamilton (6S5) and Stevensville (32S), then headed East to the Rock Creek Drainage and flew that back to the Clark Fork.
Darby

Looking North down Rock Creek towards the Clark Fork

The fishing is reported to be very good in Rock Creek, so I will soon need to take a closer look, with flyrod in hand;)














I then flew the Rattlesnake Wilderness (which starts just behind our house) to see what that was all about.
The Rattlesnake Wilderness was bigger than I expected!
The Rattlesnake has many mountain lakes and some very unique access, as there is a mountain bike trail more or less down the center, with foot access off either side.
I'm thinking my next flight might be to the North and a bit East to check out the Bison Range...


1 Comments:

Blogger Sher said...

Beautiful view, AJ! Glad to see Sunday was a good day for YOU as well!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home